Friday, January 07, 2005

The Other Bounder of Adventure

That's what I get for using a Monty Python reference for the title of my blog.

Earlier in the week I did a Google search for "Bounder of Adventure". (I guess I'm a bit of a narcissist.) To my surprise I came across another blog with the name Bounder of Adventure.

The other Bounder appears to have gone dormant - the last entry is from April 2004. I tried to contact the author by email but so far I haven't got a reply.

Now I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'd like to keep the name, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. The ideal situation from my perspective would be if the other author has decided to hang up her (his?) hat and let's me keep the name without compromise. On the other hand, the worst scenario would an irate Democrat who hates Canadians in general and despises the Right insisting I drop the name and make some sort of public contrition.

I've thought about pre-emptively changing the name to just "Bounder" (my original name for the blog - the Monty Python reference crept in at the last minute) or perhaps "Bounder (of Adventure)".

If anyone has any thoughts or advice on this issue I'd appreciate it.